New York Skyline

New York Skyline

Monday, April 13, 2015

Error 404: subject not found. Or author is too lazy.

Hey I don't really have time to write much today. We spent almost all day at the Air Force base with Joe Piccoli, a PJ. PJs are the air forces special forces. They are basically combat medics that get dropped in to save navy seals and stuff like that. Very very legit. We got to see the cages, which I've always heard about but never seen. That's where they store all of their equipment. Each pj gets his own cage, and he maintains all of his own gear. It was all very cool. Stuff like that has always interested me, and being there in it all made me think, "would this be something I would want to do?" Oh, for those who don't know what PJs are at all, there are about 5000 SEALs but only about 400 PJs. Very elite. 

We've had kind of a slow disappointing week this week, but I can't complain at all because I know for a fact that there are a lot harder missions than this one! Here I have a very slim chance of getting run over by someone on a motorcycle. When I hear stories like that it just makes me want to work harder because I have it so easy here in the states. I also have unlimited respect for missionaries serving in dangerous places, and places that it's difficult just to get enough food. Keep them in your prayers!

I promise more pictures next week, but here's some silly selfies looking back at the mainland states.


Yes it was very cold. And windy.